2/23/07

Why the articles...?

From time to time I will take a break from jottings about my travels and views on things to give you links to various articles of interest.

Why? It's basically the "pastor" part of me kicking in.

I started this blog in part to provide a place that hopefully isn't as nasty as much of the blogosphere, shares some of my life, and provides access not just to complaints about the nature of things but to solutions as well, most especially the good news of Jesus Christ.

I've noticed over time that many Christian feel overwhelmed by the waves of popular culture and the sometimes very anti-traditional ideology of our times. They don't know there are well written, thoughtful, cogent, and reasoned arguments for the historic faith of the Church and often don't know where to find them. Bombarded by junk, especially from theologians and clergy who have abandoned themselves to the tides, they may begin to wonder "Are they right after all?"

As I wander about the www I find articles of interest and blogs of worth to share with you. I hope they will strengthen your faith, encourage you to carry on, and above all rediscover the great depth of wisdom found in historic Christianity. Above all you need to know you're not alone, not some kind of freak, and, regardless of what the TV tells you, actually on the right side of history as you (and I) seek as best as sinners can to know Christ and follow in His footsteps.

Enjoy the articles. Know your faith. Live with confidence.

No comments: