3/8/06

A Bit of Vanity in Crazy Times...

Surely there is a bit of vanity in having a blog and thinking that somehow what you have to say may matter to someone somewhere.

But these are crazy times, times I could not have imagined growing up in the middle of Wisconsin. We all wanted to be Packers then and life had it complications but they seem small, even docile compared to the 24 hours seven days a week everything in this minute is the most important issue in the world noise that marks this world.

So here I am a traveling Priest, an Orthodox Christian, serving three parishes in one way or another in three states. And as the world seems to want things to go lower and lower I try my best to stay afloat buoyed by higher things.

Somehow I believe. I can't tell you why, but I do. Life has meaning in these days in a way it may not have had all things been well and the world not so desperate. Bearing the light, even in a dim and sinful way, somehow matters more in darker times. There's nothing there that really has anything to do with me, but the message somehow matters more now than ever.

So I take up writing and hope that it makes a difference. If this dies along the way I will have the comfort of knowing that I tried. If it lives those who read it will perhaps be changed and the world they live in as well and that will make all the difference.

Vanity? Perhaps. A calling? We'll see.

Stay tuned.

No comments: